Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, April 27

(another) rainy day

IMG_1463 IMG_1414 IMG_1435
The weather around here doesn't seem to want to make up its mind, but then again, being a PNW girl through and through, I'm used to that. It seems like spring in Montana means that I have to change what I'm wearing three times a day. It can be in the low 40's and storming when I wake up at 7am, hot and sunny by the time 2pm rolls around, and warm but breezy at dinner time. Pants, dress, shorts.

I'm still getting used to the whole curling my hair thing. These pictures are actually a few weeks old and I think I'm getting used to it, but it's still a process! I don't technically have to curl my hair, but there's something about curls that makes my hair feel so much lighter on my shoulders. I have such thick hair that I usually have a hard time leaving it down all day and usually end up throwing it into a ponytail by the end of the day.

On a less superficial note (clothes and hair rant over), I'm getting really excited for what summer has in store! I'm working two jobs, both in labs, and taking two summer courses. All are happening on the same campus where I'll be working two floors below my dad in the same building and I'm kind of excited to get to take my lunch breaks with him again. It's seriously one of the coolest things to go a full year at school away from home to coming back for the summer working so close to my dad. I love his random visits or when our labs work together and I actually get to spend an entire day in his lab. Being that I'll be moving into a rental house next year that I will have to pay for on my own, I'll be working more to earn more money this summer and I'm a teensy bit excited about the additional responsibility. I think my summer was a little too relaxed last year and this summer will probably be my last going back to Idaho for a few years!
IMG_1454 IMG_1428 IMG_1416 IMG_1424
*these pictures aren't edited at all!
outfit deets:
dress & sweater- borrowed from my roommate
boots- Sperry via Nordstroms
tights- Urban Outfitters
bow- Forever21

9 comments:

Susanne said...

The weather is really hot in here, like its summer, everyone wearing shorts and t-shirts, ugh, I wish it was not that sunny yet.

Natalie said...

Your dress and the bow are adorable, and I love the purple boots! Also, your hair. The weather here is also quite bipolar. One day it's 75 and sunny, the next it's 38 and pouring. Sigh.

That's fantastic that you and your dad have such a great relationship! Getting to work so close by him should be great. It'll be good to have two jobs so that you don't fall into the kind of lazy summer ways that I always fall victim to, haha. Yay for more responsibility! :)

kylee said...

that dress, oh gosh i love that dress. i envy your thick hair. i have thinner than thin hair and it's a total drab. thick hair is my dream. but isn't that how it always is? you wish & hope for the things you don't have.

Two Happy Hearts said...

Polka dots & rain boots?! So perfect.
And your curly hair is lovely!

eleanor said...

These photos aren't edited?! The colours are amazing! This outfit is so, so adorable - I love your boots and that dress. And how cool that you will get to work in the same place as your Dad!

Unknown said...

I have thick hair too, which is why it'll never, ever be long. I can't stand it! This is like THE cutest rainy/gloomy day outfit in the world! Loooove the boots and all the polka dots! And I love you!

The Flightless Gal said...

Love the touch of the rain boots with the outfit :) & you'll get used to curling your hair, it only becomes a hassle if you're running late.

xx

Unknown said...

Aw those purple rain boots are so perfect with your dotted pink dress! Super cute!

Bethany Kellen of bunnypicnic said...

ADORABLE. i know i'm tardy to the party. but you are so so so so so so so so cute here. i'm dying. dead. zombie girl.