i always learn the hard way.
- spend the extra $10 on a nice mug that has extra insulation so you avoid microwaving hot water for tea making purposes for three minutes so it lasts through physics at 8am.
- the people worth your time with make you worth theirs.
- it may not be the hipster twee coffee house, but avoiding a parking ticket because your name is maggie and you're extremely forgetful about putting an extra quarter in for every extra hour you're there is worth going to city brew (nicknamed "shitty" brew).
- not giving the weird boy who asked you out a chance might have been a mistake because he has really funny taste in youtube videos (but i'm still not convinced.)
- skip the 1inch curling iron barrels or bigger. 3/4 inch make those curls last for TWO days. and that's two days of skipping 6:15am alarms to get up and shower.
- watching the new parenthood right before my midterm wasn't worth the extra three points lost because i forgot to listen to three fifteen second clips of russian songs was not worth it.
- skipping classes purposefully to allow more time to get ready/review notes before a test only means pressing the snooze button more times than usual and not having time to review notes (are you sensing a theme here!?).
- subscribing to twitter on your mobile phone when you have an iphone and have the twitter app anyways is a bad, bad idea.
- the bottom line is, never date someone nor be friends with someone who is too eager to be liked by everyone.
- don't let your cat use your ponytails as his new favorite toys, they will end up soggy and frayed and completely useless to you now.
- don't take photos at almost dark or when it's windy (or both) because it makes photos take six times as long and by the time you figure out what's wrong with the photos and teach your roommate to adjust the settings, it makes you make whiney baby faces.
- and for that matter, don't wear dresses that drape in the front on windy days
dress: modcloth // shoes: forever21 // tights & scarf: urban outfitters