Here's the thing about blogging: it's my favorite. It's possibly my favorite thing to ever happen to me and it's probably something I'll continue to do for a long time regardless of what shape it takes. It's my favorite way to see how I've changed second to old journals buried in my desk drawers and it's my favorite way to get out all the things in my head that would otherwise just sit there. And lastly, it's where I've connected and met people I never would have. I think people that know me in real life probably think it's weird that I make friends on the internet and meet them, but the thing about it is that this blog is all me. When I meet someone who knows me from my blog, it takes no time at all to "click" because I'm just myself. There are things we have in common no one else in real life does. I guess all in all, the brilliance behind blogging is that it goes beyond just blogging. It does exist in the real world when those connections are made and made real. I love blogging and I'm shamelessly proud of it.
Anyways-- on a completely unrelated note, I learned some new things last week. Wait, what!?
- overnight curls are hands down the best. i showered before dinner, put in curling mousse, curled my hair with a 3/4" iron, went to bed, woke up, and had the best curls i've ever had. not too forced or stiff, just relaxed and "hey world! look at my relaxed cool curls that aren't trying hard to stay in position at all! we're just gonna do what we want but still stay curly!"
- chai is hands down the easiest thing to make and easy to make well. also, homemade chai is better than coffee shop chai (maybe i'm just telling myself this so i feel better about being cheap these days) and the other night while studying for midterms, i had three cups of it.
- i have the facebook bug again and i'm not sure how it happened but it did.
- the most liberating feeling is to shamelessly feel the things you feel and express it. honesty is the best policy!
- at the grocery store the other day, i accidentally got two percent milk instead of fat free. i've been a skim milk girl since 1993 and since i didn't want to be wasteful (and i'm cheap! sense a theme here?) i decided to enjoy this gallon of 2% milk while i had it. that first bite of captain crunch with 2% was perhaps the best bite of cereal i've ever had and i'm afraid that i'm never going back to fat free. at least, not until i start training for my half marathon. then we'll see.
- the best kind of nail polish is gold and glitters.
- this dress is my favorite thing ever. peplum and polka dots and a peter pan collar all in one!? it's almost too good to be true.
dress: forever 21 // tights: the gap // shoes: francessca's collections