Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, June 28

the story i told

DSC_3347-1 (dragged) DSC_3359 DSC_3342-1 (dragged)
I have this tendency. I don't really know when it started, but I think it had something to do with the fact that I was raised to always find and see the best in people. I believe, still to this day, in the good of people. The best intentions, the best at heart, and the best qualities. I guess I'd rather be proven right before I'm proven wrong. It catches up to me, however, and has hurt me and will probably continue to hurt me in the future. I see the potential in who a person can be instead of sometimes seeing who they actually are in front of me. I believe in them even after I'm proven that I shouldn't. It sucks, at times, to believe in someone more than they believe in themselves, but I really wouldn't have it any other way. Not when you experience a moment that they exceed even your highest expectations and for a second, everything is exactly as it's supposed to be.

On a lighter note, I'm completely in love with the Palouse and being home right now. I feel like until I left home, I couldn't appreciate the gorgeous scenery and the amazing community. I took advantage of it and never truly grasped everything that is the rolling hills until now. When it started to rain yesterday evening, I grabbed my camera and my best friend and just started driving. The greenness absolutely astounds me and astounded me when I looked back on these pictures and saw the clouds and the green and the hills and the fences and the hills. I'm already nostalgic for it when I leave.

You might remember this dress from a while back... but actually, this one is different because it's white. That's right. When I wore the Tieka's red one, I fell in love. And when I saw the ivory one on sale at Ruche, I knew I had to snatch it up. It's the perfect easy dress to wear with everything and for everything, including with my rain boots. Plus, I'm a sucker for anything polka dotted.
DSC_3384 DSC_3314 DSC_3309 DSC_3326 DSC_3335-1 (dragged) DSC_3388 DSC_3313
I'm wearing
dress- Ruche
boots- Hunter Wellingtons
belt- my mommas

9 comments:

Rosy (of Raindrops on Rosy) said...

I understand - I have the same outlook! I love that dress and your Wellingtons :)

Unknown said...

WOW Maggie, I love my Hunter Wellingtons, they are so girlie and you look so sweet wearing your Wellingtons on bare legs.
Julie
xoxo

http://juliewearswellingtons.wordpress.com

Dawniepants said...

such a cute look, I love it!

dp
x

www.inanityandthegirl.com

Dawniepants said...

such a cute look, I love it!

dp
x

www.inanityandthegirl.com

Jull Diaz said...

your boots are great!
you look very chic!
kisses from:


http://julldiaz.blogspot.mx/

Anonymous said...

I am told that only nice Girls wear Wellingtons and I must say that you look really nice and you've got your Wellingtons on so that proves it.
Hugs and Kisses
Welly

kylee said...

i believe in the good in people too. i even wrote my final theory paper on that concept for my human development class. i wrote about my belief in the theory that all people are born with the innate drive to do and be good, that the environment is what influences that drive (for both good or bad purposes). one thing i need to learn in my life is to apply this concept to myself. to see the best in me. i think we are always harder on ourselves than we ever are on those who surround us.

Unknown said...

You look super cute in that dotted dress. I love how you've styled up those rain boots in a cute way too!

Miss Lynne said...

There is a Rilo Kiley song that is called Good that won't come out of us.. or something like that I used to listen to it all the time in highschool. The good is inside of everyone but sometimes people don't want to let it out. On a different note, I've been reading and adoring your blog for a while now and HANDS DOWN this is my favorite post! The outfit, the photos everything all worked so well.. I feel like the images are from a dream or a fancy magazine. well done. Ali