Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, August 3

peplum

DSC_0336 DSC_0374 DSC_0359 Alright, alright... I'm sorry. Polka dots? Again? Red and mint...? Again? Hat? Again? What can I say, I'm milking summer colors for all their worth while also continuing my separates streak. Last week I was wearing skirts and now I'm wearing colored denim? Yeah, that's happening too. I'm a pants lover it seems. Polka dots, mint, and mauve? Changing it up but still in predictable summer colors. When I like something, I guess I really like it.

This week, I got to go with a graduate student in my lab to collect samples for research, and it was awesome. For the past two summers I've pretty much been strictly a dish-washer and the occasional tag maker, but I've never gotten to do anything hands-on in the field. It was awesome! We spent the whole day at the lake and it was pretty much exactly what it sounds like: I bent over the side of a boat and collected water samples and then used some fancy science gear to dig up sediment from the bottom of the lake containing invertebrates that we also took samples of. It was much better than a day inside doing dishes.
DSC_0419 DSC_0369 DSC_0358 DSC_0361 DSC_0420
top: Ruche // belt: Ruche // jeans: Francesca's Collections //
hat & shoes: Urban Outfitters

10 comments:

Maggie Shirley said...

Love your outfit! I really want/need some colored denim, but have yet to find a pair that fit me well and are not outrageously priced.

Veronika Novotny said...

Aw, Maggie keep the polka dots & hats coming - you look beautiful, girly!! I'm absolutely in love with this outfit and your style, you're such an inspiration!! Hope your weekend is off to a fab start! xo veronika

Anonymous said...

i don't care if you've done it before. I love it!

Sampada said...

This is such a summery look! Love the colors together :)

-Rose

Unknown said...

You are the cutest girl on the planet Maggie!!! This outfit is perfect! I feel like your style has grown so much this Summer, and I love it! I need to learn from you to being bolder with colors, pants, and prints. I mean I used to be so good with prints and colors, but nowadays, not so much. Love you<3

Bethany Kellen of bunnypicnic said...

yay with getting to go outside!
also i love mint and red. and i love this top. you look adorable. mint jeans! yay!

Lyndsey said...

Haha you are too cute mags! I love your predictableness with your amazing outfits- your style is definitely one I look up to! Now, if I could only find those mint jeans and polka dot top in my size somewhere.. ;)

I used to love going out and doing science projects like that. 99% of the time I had no idea what I was doing, but I still enjoyed learning about things like fossilization and photosynthesis. I've always sort of been a plant freak, haha!
xoxox

Why Girls Are Weird said...

I am in love with your top, the color is just gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Oh man this is so cute! I love this color combination so much. I really want to try mint and red together sometime soon. You look adorable!

kylee said...

um helloooo cute new blog look! come home from india, see that i have 600+ blog posts to look at, start at the beginning, click yours and bam! cutest thing of my life. and then you add this outfit post on top of it.... amaaazzzing. stop it maggie, that last photo of you is to die for cute. gosh it's good to back to blog land :]