i believe in...
- blasting the music in your car as loudly as possible and singing even louder, but especially when taylor swift does it again and releases a song that you have replayed 783 times on your ipod three days after its release. really, guys, i don't know how she always manages to figure out what i need to hear. HOW DOES SHE READ MY MIND? excuse me while i live with my ipod in my ears for the next month straight and avoid all social interactions while i pretend taylor swift really is my therapist (i'm just kidding)(...kind of).
- the power of just putting a smile on your face even if you're not feeling it.
- coffee in the morning.
- when you love something, wear it three days in a row and forget that you can't seem to put anything else on your feet except a really awesome pair of heels that are more comfortable than every pair of flats you own.
- the scent of a really good men's deodorant. forget cologne, good deodorant is dreamy (no, i don't have a boyfriend, i just happen to be able to smell the lingering scent of my co-worker's deodorant in the lab all the time...).
- new underwear making you feel like an entirely new person.
- the benefit of the doubt, even when it isn't earned nor deserved. i'm learning that just letting go of negative thoughts and choosing not to dwell gets you so much farther.
- taking portraits is the best way to get to know someone. would it be too weird to ask every future prospect if i can take his picture pre-date? yeah, probably.
- ignoring your incredibly messy bedroom post moving into my new apartment and watching five episodes of gossip girl instead (no, this is actually a terrible idea).
- accepting what is.
top & shoes: Ruche // skirt: Francesca's Collections