Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, August 17

i believe in...

DSC_0496
i believe in...
  • blasting the music in your car as loudly as possible and singing even louder, but especially when taylor swift does it again and releases a song that you have replayed 783 times on your ipod three days after its release. really, guys, i don't know how she always manages to figure out what i need to hear. HOW DOES SHE READ MY MIND? excuse me while i live with my ipod in my ears for the next month straight and avoid all social interactions while i pretend taylor swift really is my therapist (i'm just kidding)(...kind of).
  • the power of just putting a smile on your face even if you're not feeling it.
  • coffee in the morning.
  • when you love something, wear it three days in a row and forget that you can't seem to put anything else on your feet except a really awesome pair of heels that are more comfortable than every pair of flats you own.
  • the scent of a really good men's deodorant. forget cologne, good deodorant is dreamy (no, i don't have a boyfriend, i just happen to be able to smell the lingering scent of my co-worker's deodorant in the lab all the time...).
  • new underwear making you feel like an entirely new person. 
  • the benefit of the doubt, even when it isn't earned nor deserved. i'm learning that just letting go of negative thoughts and choosing not to dwell gets you so much farther.
  • taking portraits is the best way to get to know someone. would it be too weird to ask every future prospect if i can take his picture pre-date? yeah, probably.
  • ignoring your incredibly messy bedroom post moving into my new apartment and watching five episodes of gossip girl instead (no, this is actually a terrible idea).
  • accepting what is.
DSC_0502 DSC_0508 DSC_0504 DSC_0509 DSC_0506
top & shoes: Ruche // skirt: Francesca's Collections

12 comments:

char said...

numbers two and three on this list have been what i've been living by this week.

I love your yellow skirt xx

Maggie Shirley said...

LOVE that outfit. So great.

Lizzie said...

I adore your shoes! And that top is so cute.

claire said...

i love your outfit! so bright and summery! xxx
tresclaire.blogspot.com

Katie Burry said...

I love this post. :) And I know what you mean about Taylor Swift - usually I'm more of the "OMGSH Adam Young read my mind!" kinda girl, but TS has done it to me once or twice (Mine? That's my life! No joke.)

Also, I love this outfit, and I'm so excited for you getting your own apartment! It's gonna be so much fun! <3

Sara, Swing The Day Away said...

Cologne is lame. Deodorant all the way! :)

Your outfit is lovely. I'm loving all the sunny yellow you've been wearing!

Natalie said...

Those shoes are just such an adorable color, really.

The new Taylor Swift song is also very very relevant to at least three of my friends right now, meaning I've heard it at least three dozen times this past week...

Bethany Kellen of bunnypicnic said...

yes yes yes to the new taylor swift song.
and yes yes yes to this outfit. yes to lists.

The Flightless Gal said...

you are slowly becoming a great inspiration of mine ;) yes to everything, especially T SWIFT!

Katherine said...

oh! these photos! this outfit! i'm in love. totally smitten. and yes - i am all about windows down, loud music, and driving backroads. it's amazing. i love men's deordorant and soap - i actually use dove men's (my husband uses the pomegrante stuff funny enough!)

<3 katherine
of corgis and cocktails

Unknown said...

Ahh! This outfit makes me so happy! It's so colorful and bright and cheery! :) Love this list!

kylee said...

your style has been so top-notch lately (it always is, but even more so these days - who knew that was even possible?). i believe in the power of a smile too, sometimes you may have to force it but it almost always ends up being genuine in the end.