Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, July 31

mint and navy polka dots

DSC_0115 DSC_0092 DSC_0121 I'm not really sure when I became one of those polka-dot-pants-wearing kind of people. I guess I did... today? It happened. Still not entirely sure I'm confident enough to rock them in public, but you know, I kind of like them anyways regardless of the fact that I feel a little clown-like. I'm also not sure when I became one of those people that dragged their best friend, however willingly, out to the middle of a field to take these pictures and when I wasn't happy with them, dragged her to a different location only one block from my house making her almost late for her date with her boyfriend. She was a saint and didn't mind, but I definitely felt guilty anyways. Also, I realized halfway into taking these pictures that not only did I just wear this top on the 4th of July, but I also used the exact same backdrop. Oops.

Is anyone else having a hard time processing that it's August tomorrow? I'm having a little bit of a hard time with that. The past few months have been amazing in that I've concentrated all of my time on working, taking pictures of other people, blogging, and hanging out with my friends and new people, but it's time to face reality here and deal with some things and people. It was nice living in a nice soft bubble for a while. Really nice. Eye opening, even. But reality is here. It's time.

Also, if you're reading this Sophie, I promise I didn't wear your shoes except to take these pictures. Once they were photographed, I put on my other white shoes. Promise. I'm sorry for lying to you about taking them for twenty minutes. Sometimes, I'm also one of those people who suck at being an older sister.
DSC_0071 DSC_0070 DSC_0094 DSC_0074 DSC_0086 DSC_0119 DSC_0109
top: Shop Ruche // pants: Francesca's Collections // hat: Urban Outfitters
shoes: stolen from my sister

18 comments:

Abbey said...

I am a little nervous about rocking the polka dotted pants too- almost bought some, but decided to think about it. haha but you look cute! they definitely do not make you look clown-like. :)

Lizzie said...

I love the top and the hat. And while the pants are sort of loud, or whatever the right fashion term is, they're super cute and look comfy.

Yes, I'm having an extremely difficult time coping that tomorrow is August. I still have about another month to go of summer but high schoolers start going back soon and I have a book I should be reading for my college's summer assignment.

I added you as a contact on Flickr, by the way! :)

Elanor said...

i definitely like these pants but i can totally see how you may feel nervous about wearing them in public. WALK TALL! :)

i honestly have lost track of time this summer. it doesn't feel like it's august tomorrow! then again, maybe i'm just enjoying the fact that this is the first summer that is longer for me. i start college the end of sept!
xx

claire said...

your shirt is just too perfect! i've completely forgotten that august starts tomorrow! yikes, where did summer go? and in response to your comment on my post, yes i have read some of john greens books, and i love them! the fault in our stars was absolutely amazing! xx

Linda said...

Yes, I'm having a most difficult time processing that it's August tomorrow. Despite the fact that it's the month of our wedding anniversary, I detest August in many ways. It's always been a difficult month of transition for me.

I love your sense of style.
Linda

Marie said...

SO CUTE, love those pants.

Marie @
Lemondrop ViNtAge

I am having a fabulous giveaway right here.

Katie Burry said...

So cute! And I love your nails!!! <3

Also, I know what you mean about switching locations - I've def done that before! ;D

Chloƫ, Wardrobe Quarry said...

I really love the shirt, I can't wait for summer to roll around here and I'll be wearing sleevless shirts like that everyday.

Wardrobe Quarry

I am holding a giveaway on my blog if you are interested in checking it out.
Wardrobe Quarry - Endless Wardrobe Giveaway

Kass DeBoer said...

Let me tell you, those pants are just fantastically adorable! You definitely oughta get confident in those bad boys.

And I know, I agree that August has arrived in a blink!

xoox Mama Wolf.

his little lady said...

yeah, i'm definitely in denial that it is august already. how crazy is that!?
and of course i absolutely adore this outfit!! mint and polka dots. what could be any better? ;)
xo TJ

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness Maggie! I am in love with this outfit! It's so good to see you in pants! You look good in pants! :) I have been thinking "OMG IT'S AUGUST" all day today! It's crazy! Summer has really flown by!

Count To Four said...

i was just talking about this with my sisters the other day, i can't believe august is already here! i had a list of things i was so excited to do in the summer and it's already august!

love the outfit, especially the hat!

http://www.countto4.blogspot.ca

kylee said...

you have so much steeeeze. always. i just pin you all the time.

Bethany Kellen of bunnypicnic said...

i love so much about this outfit. i can't even put it into words.

Magical Daydream said...

Cute! I love polka dots and I might have a little too much of them in my wardrobe ;) I can always appreciate a fun polka dot on anyone else!

x

Marielle

Marlen said...

ok, so how adorable are you? i absolutely love this look! there's so much going on, and it's quirky without being crazy (a fine line to walk i must say). i personally love anything polka dot, so naturally i'm lusting over your pants haha. cute blog!

Amanda said...

So, I'm pretty late on commenting on this post. Basically, I've been against printed pants. But these pants. MAGGIE THESE PANTS. I need these.

Unknown said...

I really love this color combination! The navy pants work so perfectly with your mint top. And the polka dots are adorable and look great on you!