Friday, March 23

in the bang of things

two weeks ago, i did the only thing i know best when i'm feeling a little bit stir-crazy. i made a hair appointment for myself. now, i'm really really terrified of getting my hair cut by people i don't know. i've had some bad experiences that took months and months to fix. but i did it. i yelped the heck out of this hair salon, read a hundred reviews, tallied which hairdresser was most recommended, asked what friends of mine lived in missoula year round where they went, and finally just did it. i made an appointment. yahoo! except, i was terrified. today was the day. i told myself i was just going to get a trim. nothing scary. and yet i found myself seated before a mirror in the coolest hair salon i've ever been in after being complimented on my outfit twice with a really well dressed awesome experienced hair dresser behind me pulling up the picture i've had my eyes on since last year. i knew that i wanted to get it done at some point and set a goal for myself that i wouldn't do it until my hair was really long enough to go for it (after one failed attempt last summer that didn't turn out). so there i was. giving the awesome hair dresser the picture and i said to do it with a smile on my face even though i was so unsure. but i did it. and all the stir-crazy, fussy, claustrophobic, restless, and crazed thoughts in my head left. *poof*. it was really, really great. call me narcissistic or materialistic, but walking out of a salon with a hair cut you love has to be on the top 10 favorite feelings list. it just has to be.
haircuts

19 comments:

kylee said...

i am OBSESSED with the bangs on you. but reallllly. you look so good!!!!!

Susanne said...

bangs look really good on you!

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

I love how your bangs turned out. She bangs! You look gorgeous!

Dadi said...

You look great with your bangs :))

Megan said...

It looks awesome!!! I really love it.

Sheldon Martin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hannah said...

Maggie, your new hair looks SOO good! Why in the world did you not have bangs sooner?!

Jasmine, Transient Withdrawal said...

AMAAAAAZZZZIIIIINNNGGGGGGGGG<3

Hope Bidinger said...

Bangs+Maggie= AWESOME! Gurl you look fab!

Beautifully Pure said...

You *adorable*!! <3 I just got bangs a couple months ago and I love 'em!

Wow! I never would have thought to Yelp a hair salon! What a great idea! Right now I have a salon/stylist that I love, but with the prospect of maybe moving next year one of my first thoughts was "where am I going to get my hair done!?" Lol! Girls! X-D If the move works out I will def try Yelp to find a good salon. Thanks the the tip. :)

Beautifully Pure said...

You *adorable*!! <3 I just got bangs a couple months ago and I love 'em!

Wow! I never would have thought to Yelp a hair salon! What a great idea! Right now I have a salon/stylist that I love, but with the prospect of maybe moving next year one of my first thoughts was "where am I going to get my hair done!?" Lol! Girls! X-D If the move works out I will def try Yelp to find a good salon. Thanks the the tip. :)

Abbey said...

You look beautiful!

Shawnee said...

cuuuuteeee!! love.

Jessica said...

You look amazing! There's nothing better than a good haircut!

GIRL AND CLOSET said...

Love the feeling of a great haircut, so with you!! And the bangs look absolutely stunning on you too! xo

Jamie Rose said...

These bangs look great on you! I felt the same way when I got bangs. Such a nice change.

Bethany Kellen of bunnypicnic said...

IT LOOKS JUST DARLING.

Celynne said...

Hair cuts always frighten me too, and I was terrified when I got bangs cut back in December. They look great on you!

simplybrooke said...

ooooolalaLA! i like yo' bang girl!