2. i really, really wish instead of spoiling all of your family, you'd spend your money on yourself. i wish i hadn't gotten used to being spoiled and i wish you'd get used to spoiling yourself. i wish more than anything that you could go to europe and see all the places you dreamed of going to with him. i'm afraid that now that he's gone, you'll never see the things you wanted to see because he's not here to do them with you. i'm afraid that all of your dreams are forgotten in your heart. i want to take you everywhere and do everything with you.
3. i don't think you intentionally try to be rude nor mean, but sometimes the things you say make you sound exactly like the kind of person i hate.
4. i loved your blog until every single one of your posts turned into a walking ad for the brand you're wearing. i know that you choose the items you receive from your sponsors, but when literally every piece has c/o in front of it, it makes it difficult to relate to your style and take inspiration from something i couldn't replicate unless i spent the money on that exact dress. i miss the days when you'd thrift pieces and incorporate them frequently into your blog. creativity inspires me. i'm not saying this to berate you nor criticize your choices as a blogger, but i do miss how easy it was to relate to your old posts and your more daring/creative looks.
5. i want to make you proud more than anything but lately i wonder if making you proud means stepping outside what you would want me to do and choosing what i want for myself.
6. thank you for teaching a class that makes me a better student than i've ever been and pushes me to want to be even better than i'll ever be. i really want to read your writing and i really want to see you succeed because it takes someone special to mentor a classroom of college students the way you have.
7. i want all of your dreams to come true more than my own. i wish you didn't try to be so perfect all the time and realize that your mistakes are in fact, okay, and will teach you more than getting everything perfect every time will. you've surpassed me in almost every way and are so much smarter than i was at 16/17. i wish i had been more like you. i could have learned a lot from someone like you. also, how did you become so much more awesome than i'll ever be?
8. you're just a really awesome person and we've never spoken but i kind of want to be your best friend.
9. i'm blessed to have two parents like you. everything you ever said has turned out to be true and everything you thought was best for me has turned out to be the best. i miss living under your roof but i feel proud that you raised me to be able to live so well on my own, too. i'm proud that you raised me to make smart decisions for myself but can still come back to you for absolutely anything.
10. i love you.
(inspired by this post)