Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, October 6

begin to hope

For some apparent reason, this week has decided to shower me with loveliness and good days. I don't know why, for it should have every reason to do nothing but make me unhappy, but it might just be the best in college so far. On Monday, I opened my mailbox to see my new headphones, so I can finally, finally listen to my phone again when I'm walking to class. Yayy! Two hours later, I opened the mailbox to see THREE package slips! EEEE! I got a package from the dearest Jasmine and the swapping package from Hope! If this wasn't enough, my giant chair that I ordered with my new debit card came so now I have a cozy place in my room to sit that isn't an obnoxious desk chair or my bunk bed. Ah! It also rained Monday, so I got to wear my cozy sweater with a short dress and best of all, tights with boots! Seriously, wearing lots of layers makes me such a happy girl. They also served grilled cheese at lunch in the dining hall, a luxury I've experienced one since moving out. Monday was just a magical day!
Then, yesterday, I opened my mail box to find another package slipp!! And what was it? A package from Niklaas! Ahhh! He sent me a Disney princess snuggie which I immediately curled into and then fell onto my chair to read his letter, which, after not talking for 5 days and missing him lots, kind of made me tear up in places. Eeep. It was exciting. Today happens to be Wednesday, and guess what? I have another package slip in my pocket that I need to redeem for some more loveliness! Eee! I'm really hoping this streak of good days doesn't run out before my second chemistry test next week, which I'm trying not to freak out about, but I kind of am. I'm not afraid of doing badly in itself because I'm doing all I can, but I'm afraid of doing so badly that I have to drop it. If I get another 65 or under, then I have to drop it, and that would suck. Especially after all the hard work I'm doing! I have aced three quizzes out of five for the unit...so...that's good...right?
So this is a photoshoot from a while back. You can tell because I still have hair. Ha! I was totally inspired when I saw forever21's fall photoshoot appear online and observed a model with a denim vest, dress, and long scarf on. I had to imitate it and I completely love this! It feels so "me" to me, at least. I'm still trying to figure out what "me" style is, but this was definitely a "me" feeling kind of outfit. Hehe! Becca, if you're listening, I was very excited to look at these pictures and find Maggie elements ;). I bought this vest immediately after seeing the photoshoot at goodwill for 99 cents. And it's kind of perfect. I tweeted about forgetting it at home when I moved to college, and Niklaas sent it right over! What a boy! Snuggies and my long lost clothing!
I bet you're all sick of this dress...but, sorry, I'm not :). Sorrryyy! I like re-mixing. I do. Even though I haven't blogged for too long and this is my 41st outfit, I still have a lot of clothes I've never photographed so it makes me feel guilty when I pull out something old. But I LOVE this dress and it's turned into quite the conversation starter. I've had conversations with at least six girls who have told me they liked it. It's amazing! This scarf is one of my favorite purchases everrr. It's really fluffy and it's pink and matches everything. I love it! I find myself pulling on these shoes more and more lately. And here I ago again with mentioning him...he got me them, as you know. Add that to the list of wonderful things he does for me.
Well, I don't have too many pictures and I need to go write a lab report so I'm not up till two in the morning like I was last week working on it...so I'll leave you guys with some news and skeedaddle. I have a second sponsor as of yesterday and will be posting a giveaway here soon! When I get to 200 followers, I'm going to do a giveaway on my own too, so stay posted :)
Love,
Maggie

32 comments:

Leah Brunner said...

very cute! great look for fall!

Miranda said...

Awesome outfit, I love the use of the belt.

Glad you're having good days, I am too which is nice for a change.

www.indcfashion.com

gee said...

i love getting packages.
best thing ever.
you look beautiful.
i love your boots..
i realllly need some of those type of boots.
xoox

Abbey said...

Getting packages is the best feeling hah. I just sent two to my friends out of state. Cute outfit! You're a pro at layering- I'm jealous. ;) The thing about chemistry is that the majority of people suck at it. I hated it when I took it. You just have to make it through and move on. Good luck, though! Hopefully your hard work will pay off!

-A

Alex said...

Parcels really do brighten a day up, don't they? I got one today and have been happy all evening because of it. Speaking of which, I am super excited by the prospect of a letter from America!!

I'm definitely not bored by that gorgeous dress - love it teamed up with the pink of the scarf and the brown tones in the boots and belt.

Alex said...

Your posts just keep getting better and better! I love them so much!

Right now I am so excited waiting for your package to arrive :) ahhhhhh I want to have it now :)!

Oh, and I've never noticed that this dress was in one of your other posts! You just change every elemnt it's really hard to notice it's the same.

sydney said...

there's absolutely nothing wrong with wearing the same thing often...when you love something, you love it! i do it all the time. and i loooove the way you've styled this, the layers are amazing!

Unknown said...

Girl you are working the layers!!! Totally love this look:) And thank you sooooo much for your comment on my vlog! It seriously made me smile! Someday Cheyne, you and me NEED to meet each other in person!

Natalie said...

Yay for the onslaught of layers! :D That's definitely a great aspect of fall... all of the awesome clothes that you get to pile on top of each other, hehe! I love your entire ensemble, and especially your boots. Yeah, Niklaas pretty much sounds like the best boyfriend ever. I mean, a Disney princess Snuggie? Hell to the yes. I'm jealous of him and your many wonderful packages, hehe... :) Good luck with chemistry!

maryse said...

ah lucky! i don't like cold weather. i like seeing the trees turn golden and watching snow fall but the cold i just can't stand. i like this outfit but i'm kind of distracted by the shorts. were you working out that day? anyways, good luck with chemistry and the awful lab reports! i hope your professor doesn't make you do a research section on every lab! i had to do that for physics. bleh.

Unknown said...

i'm so glad you got the package :) i can't wait to see how you wear everything! getting packages in the mail is such a wonderful feeling! i love that dress! don't ever be sorry for remixing because i LOVE bloggers who do that. i mean honestly, how many times have you seen my striped tops? at least once a week right? sometimes i feel bad, but at the same time i don't wanna cheat/lie and say i'm wearing florals when i'm really wearing stripes :) i would've styled this without the scarf because i find it a bit distracting but other than that, the florals and denim go so well together!

Matt said...

Packages always make for a pleasant day! I hope your week continues to go well. That outfit is super cute. Remixes are great and that dress really is pretty cool! :)

Trixie said...

I am glad your day went well! Moving out for the first time SUCKS (I'm also a first year, but unlike you, I live in NZ so I've nearly finished 1st Uni!) because there are so many things you suddenly realise that you took for granted eg. grilled cheese.

I love your scarf!

fifitrixiesorbit.blogspot.com

Nicki said...

love your outfit--especially your scarf! That's so sweet of Niklaas to send you your clothes and a snuggie. Yay for sweet boys! :] and another yay for snail mail!

Unknown said...

the print on your dress is soooo cute i can see how it would be a good conversation starter!! and i love your lace up boots!!

Amber said...

wow thats quite a stretch of good luck, send some of that this way! :)

Ashley/ MILK TEETHS said...

adorable as always, I especially like your boots and belt! It always makes me smile when I notice the two matching on a person :)

xx
MILK TEETHS

Jen said...

I LOVE how you put your scarf under your belt! Cute idea. I'm going to give it a try!!

Oh, and sweetie, have you inputted your state information yet at LOCATION CENTRAL? It's the blog where you find other bloggers in your area.
www.locationcentral.blogspot.com

Zaia said...

life sounds sweet, glad your havin good timed! recieving stuff by the mail is such a little pleasure of mine,
and i gotta say, the colours in this posts are crazy, perfect floral-vintagy-fall-girly-pinkish-adorable style, just awsome.
layers are the best!
xx

Sydney said...

Ohmygosh! A fellow idaho-an with GREAT taste!! You are too adorable! Those shoes and the layers are to DIE for. The hubs and I are going to BYU-Idaho in Rexburg right now.

:)

genevieve said...

Oh goodness. I love EVERYTHING about this outfit. Especially the wonderful scarf, adorable dress, and sweet boots! I'm pretty sure this is my favorite outfit of yours ever!

So glad you've been having a good week! You make up for my awful one, haha. I hope you have a great weekend, too!!

carmen said...

found you through location central, now following your blog.

Ebony Arwen said...

Getting packages is the best thing ever. After this outfit. Seriously Mags, you are rocking it! I love the belted scarf and the vest (and how cute is your guy for sending that to you after you left it behind) and those BOOTS! The dress looks totally different, so no need to worry about repeating. Ah, you gorgeous girl. Thinking positive thoughts for you and your test - you can do it! :D

Love ya Mags xx

Unknown said...

what a gorgeous outfit, you have great style, love it!

http://pinkwater-lily.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

oh how i love your shoes dear!x

Abby. said...

I love chilly weather; that means more layers! :)
Good luck with the test! Just try your absolute best! I don't think you'll have to drop it.!
Love the outfit and the crunchy leaves in the background. ;)

Come check out my new post if you want to see me look like an idiot...

xx,
~Abby~

Rebecca said...

glad to hear you had such a good few days. I love getting packages too! Your boots are lovely :)

Erin Kim said...

It's been ages since I've last visited your blog and evidently I've missed out on so much. Your photos and outfits just get better and better, seriously.

Anyway, miss ya! ;)
erin :)

Kimberellie said...

You are cute and lovely and oh so sweet! And how clever is this outfit? SO clever. Love all the pink!

love: Kimberellie

Mary Lee said...

really really love your shoes :D

Sara said...

I love this look! Such a great combination. Those shoes are also awesome! Glad I discovered your blog. I am now a follower! :)

http://isabellasfashion.blogspot.com

Sophie said...

I love this outfit, it is so cute and I do love layering up as well. You look lovely. And wow that is so exciting about all your packages as well. xo

pearls-and-timepieces.blogspot.com