My big secret about me: I am a playlist whore.
I could bet you five thousand dollars I'm listening to my "Marlee" playlist in this picture)
It's true. Anyone who really knows me in my deepest form (ha!) knows that on my ipod, I have a ton of playlists. Currently as I'm staring at the screen, my current on-the-go is listed as on-the-go forty seven. And I have about, oh, half that in my labeled "by-month" playlists of songs I obsess and add in a given month alone, plus playlists for every single emotion I seem to have, and playlists specifically dedicated to certain people. Like, people I used to have crushes on or later let me down. Or that I drive to soccer with. Or my best friends and neighbors. Or the freshmen that I tow around. Or my sophomore BFF's. I am playlist crazy. It's actually one of the most personal things about me because literally my life is tied to these playlists. Just ask Niklaas....I have some rather secretive playlists on there that kill me when people find. Hahaha. I only reluctantly hand my ipod over to anyone anymore.
SO, for my "sub-things", I'm going to list my current month's playlist of the songs I've been obsessed with this month. Just a warning: this usually includes the songs I sing to that come on the top 40 radio stations. Hehe.
1)How Lucky We Are! Meiko
2)If the Moon Fell Down Tonight! Chase Coy
3)The Only Exception! Paramore
4)Change of Time! Josh Ritter
5)Our Kind of Love! Lady Antebellum
6) Boats and Birds! Gregory and the Hawk
7) In My Veins! Andrew Belle
8) Go Together! Jillian Edwards
9)The Saltwater Room! Owl City
10)Yours! Fay Wolf
11) Where the Road Meets the Sun! Katie Herzig
12) Collect Call! Metric
13) If We Ever Meet Again! Katy Perry/Timbaland
14) Break Your Heart! Taio Cruz
15) Kissin' You! Miranda Crosgrove
16) Butterfly Nets! Bishop Allen
Did I mention I graduated? Oh yeah, because I forgot to mention it and include pictures. So, in the midst of talking about me, me, me, I'm going to push the narcissism even more and include pictures from that because, apparently, graduating is kind of a big deal and since this is a blog about my life, it would be wrong not to document that. By the way, these honestly were the absolute best two days of my entire my life.
(my momma and dominant gene supplier)
Fourth Daughter tagged me with these questions (I didn't forget about you, see! hehe):
1) If you had to spend three consecutive days on the same train, who would you want with you and why? Maybe my answer is cliche...but yes, it would definitely without a doubt be my boy. My sister would be runner-up, but I choose him because I know that he would enjoy spending three days with me much more than my little sister would haha! She can only put up with me and my childish hyperactive moments for so long. And also because, more than anyone, I can spend hours upon hours with him doing nothing at all and never get bored or run out of things to do. Every simple thing feels like the most grand adventure in the world with him, even if it's just watching a movie in my basement.
(the big walk across the stage)
2) Have you ever had a sewing related injury? Give gory details! If not, list any irrational fears. Aside from the occasional (okay, frequent) stabbing of the needle into my fingertips, no. But irrational fears?? Ahhh...there are just too many. Okay, firstly, being stabbed and/or shot terrifies me to no end because of all the scary movies I watch, and second, I have a horrible weird fear of mascotted anything. Santa Clauses', Easter Bunnies, Chuck E. Cheeses, Clowns... anything with a mask and costume makes me squeal and hide and freak OUT.
3)What wouldn't you get caught dead in? Bell-bottoms. Eww. I hope that trend never comes back. At least, on me.
(my darling cousins)
4)What garment/accessory do you wear the most? Scarves pushed aside, I wear my tiffany&co necklace pretty much every single day. I got it for my sweet 16 birthday present and is my most treasured item!
5) What pattern/vintage style have you been thinking about recently? On my list of clothing items I need are a vintage straw hat, black v-neck shirt, denim vest, and some vintage heels.
6) What is one place you really want to visit that you haven't been to? Umm...everywhere? Seriously, there isn't one place I probably wouldn't go. But... probably anything Europe. Ahh.
7) How do you relax? Oooh! My favorite thing is to read. Books are my obsession. Or at least, one of many. And watching tv calms me so much. I don't watch a lot of it these days, but when I do, I'll watch it for hours straight and get my monthly fix. Oh! And definitely writing in my diary. I do it every single night to unwind and if I don't, I can't sleep.
8) Favorite Holiday? Halloween!! Eep! And Easter. And Father's Day.
9) Favorite literary character and why? Elizabeth Bennett is my hero. I love that she is completely her own person and doesn't let anyone dictate what she thinks or does. Even when it goes against every set notion in society, she doesn't marry the first man who proposes to her, and instead waits for her prince. "Only the deepest love will persuade me into matrimony." That quote has stuck with me since I first read the book years and years ago.
10) What was the best date you've ever been on? Oh, goodness!! My favorite "dates" have been ones that don't have an absolute set in stone plan...like, "Oh, let's go to this movie", and end up getting ice cream afterwards or playing wii or driving around or having q&a sections. Also, I hate being the one to dictate what we do all the time. A girl likes to be thought of, you know? My first date ever in my life, I didn't even know was a date until later and my mom was like, "Maggie- he paid for your ticket to see the play???" And I innocently said he had, and she just rolled her eyes and said sternly, "Maggie- that is a date," like I was an idiot. But! I was 15. What can I say?
literally, every single person I have ever loved and that has ever loved me was there for me and it was the best feeling in the entire world to be so surrounded. 45 members came to my little hometown just to see me walk across a silly stage. I love my family more than life itself and I owe them the world.