Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, January 11

it was a good hair day

DSC_0632 DSC_0655 DSC_0615

My life this week has been a bit scattered and everywhere this week.

For starters, I spent four days in Missoula "homeless" since I got a ride and forgot my car keys in Idaho. It was a convenient time to forget my apartment keys seeing as our bills were already a few days late and my boyfriend's parents were in town. Thank goodness for friends with empty apartments and boyfriend's with their keys.

I signed TWO contracts with brides this week to take their wedding photos this summer and I could not be more exhilarated. The spontaneous purchase of my new camera over Black Friday that cost my entire savings has, well, already been paid for over again. So. That's great news. Major financial weight lifted off my shoulders knowing I can afford rent for the next few months again.

I've reevaluated everything about myself and about the world after being sucked into 8 hour marathons of Keeping Up With the Kardashians. I've never sworn to be above much seeing as Taylor Swift is the most played artist on my iTunes and I own every season of Gossip Girl but I would be lying if I said I didn't think I was above reality TV. Well. I was completely wrong. I am not above it. If I could be Khloe for even a day....

I miss Missoula. I miss these mountains. I miss my bridge. I miss my friends. I feel genuinely lucky that Missoula is the place I'd rather be.

My sister is back in Virginia so once again I'm the "only" child at home again. I'm headed back to Missoula once again for the long haul this week and I just can't deal with 6 week long winter breaks anymore.

My mantra for the rest of the month is, "Maggie you NEED a job this semester."

I miss blogging.

My hair looked really good this day. I'm not sure this is a return to "outfit posting" at all. In fact, I'm positive it isn't because I suck at it, but when you have a good hair day.... you should ask your friend to take pictures of you and immediately post those photos to your blog? Guess so.

7 comments:

Natalie said...

Daaang if this is your new camera which I am assuming it is then it is freaking fabulous. Not as fabulous as you and your hair though.

But hurrah for booking two wedding gigs already! That is awesome. Can you do my wedding...?

Lizzie said...

Congrats on booking those jobs! You rock!

I might be looking to upgrade my camera, but not without learning more about DSLRs first. Do you have any tips on where to start?

Also, I have that hat too. (Target is the best.)

Nada Más Que Amor said...

Congratulations on your job! It must be exciting shooting 2 weddings!Things will light up soon! Look on the bright side of things! :3
You're hair does look gorgeous!
Keep the positive vibes up! You'll get through it! <3

Ebony Arwen said...

Daaaaamn girl! Look at you go :) Gigs, hair, pretty mountain pics. So glad that this is majority about the awesomeness and not the suckiness of forgetting keys. Hehe.

Ebony Arwen said...

Daaaaamn girl! Look at you go :) Gigs, hair, pretty mountain pics. So glad that this is majority about the awesomeness and not the suckiness of forgetting keys. Hehe.

Janine said...

Your hair always looks amazing in the photos you post! :)

J said...

Lookin' fly! And I know what you mean about breaks. I've been doing a lot of thinking to the future myself. I got to make plans soon because I'm moving across the country and everything.