Wednesday, August 3
As hard as I try, this week doesn't seem to want to be my friend. I spent Monday curled up in a ball watching horribly wonderful ABC family and Disney movies on netflix instantly with the jar of Ibprofen by my side. I very nearly let my female hormones get the best of me in the soccer game and had to beg my temper to a) not let me cry on the sidelines b) punch a douchebag the crap out. Today, as I was pulled over by the meanest sheriff in the county, it was my last straw and as he interrogated me rudely on the side of the road demanding that I show him where my phone really was ("I feel like you had enough time to stash it back there"), I started bawling my eyes out but not before he thankfully did not give me a ticket but informed me that the next time, my crying wasn't going to get me anywhere and he would give me a ticket for driving twenty over the speed limit. There is a lot I have to say about this, like the fact that my 1985 Suburu Loyale couldn't reach 70 if he wanted and that I swore off texting whilst driving a year ago, but mostly I'm just surprised that I turned out to be the girl that cries when she gets pulled over. And then cries for another hour. And has to call her mom. I guess this getting pulled over for the first time thing is three years over due.
All of this premenstrual syndrome business has left me plain tuckered out and not motivated in the slight to get dressed. Even the smallest things like my mom offering to take me to get a cold treat or Niklaas cleaning my windshield at the gas station has made me want to cry. I forgot how much energy it takes to cry! Anyways, I'm sure I'll resume outfit posting because I am missing it dearly. I realized how pathetic I've been about blogging this summer and I need to get with it. For now, let me tell you all that I've gone through my wardrobe and this is what I've found:
Things I have way too much of:
1) Floral dresses: Okay, floral dresses rock, but I have too many. There are times when a floral dress is not an option (jumping on a trampoline and going biking for starters) and my little obsession is getting out of hand to the point that there is almost nothing left to wear in my closet but floral dresses, however nice and cute that they are.
2) White tops: Really. By the dozen. That I don't wear.
3) Skirts I don't like: The skirts I liked two years ago that are buried at the bottom of my skirt drawer are things I wouldn't wear now... and it's time to say sayonara.
Things I need to have a more complete wardrobe:
1) ACCESSORIES!!!!! I think I've resorted to this state of mind where I shop for only dresses. I suddenly have no necklaces to speak of minus the ones that Alex really kindly buys me every so often (i love you, Alex) and two belts. And a few bows. I need accessories. I need to realize that accessories can go further than a new dress. This is a necessity.
2) Shorts: This is in lieu of the floral dresses and skirts problem. I need to get in the frame of mind of buying pieces! I think I need to keep telling myself this, no matter what adorable print on a dress I find in any amazing color.
3) Shoes: I'm trying to figure out how it is that I have one pair of sandals and one pair of flats. That I've had for two years. Honestly. It's summer. How have I made it this long!?!? I need to get shoes. I need shoes.
Basically, I need some practicality in my life.
It seems like I have my work cut out for me, kids. Please, don't hate me after reading this incredibly self absorbed PMS surged rant.
P.S. Take comfort in the fact that I might have to be institutionalized when I'm pregnant.